RFA Visual Journalist Lexington HeraldLeader Lexington

Title Rfa Visual Journalist
Date 2020
Company Lexington HeraldLeader
City Lexington

Short Description :

And the preparation and transmission of media content to various servers and web sites from the field We would also expect this visual journalist to work on their own on visualonly storytelling, for print and especially digital video, about rural Kentucky Proficient ,…

Full Description :

Description:
Our Report for America visual reporter would be a visual journalist focused on capturing the changes, challenges and issues of rural Kentucky primarily through documentary-style visual (photos, video) journalism. This visual journalist would have freedom to roam throughout Kentucky’s rural places in search of stories best told visually: changes in agriculture, demographics, the environment, the rural economy, politics, health care and more. At times, this visual journalist would be teamed up with a reporter on enterprise stories involving rural issues. We would also expect this visual journalist to work on their own on visual-only story-telling, for print and especially digital video, about rural Kentucky. We expect about 75 percent of the RFA corps member’s time to primarily be devoted to enterprise story-telling, with the other 25 percent tied to such things as breaking news and working with reporters on daily and weekly visual assignments. The RFA corps member must have visual, video and editing skills.
Essential Functions:

  • Shooting, editing, producing and posting compelling video and stills on deadline
  • Ability and willingness to juggle both video and stills on most assignments
  • Generate ideas for stories, both quick-hit and long-term pieces.
  • Collaborate with editors, reporters and photographers to develop creative approaches to digital storytelling
  • Write and post search-optimized headlines, captions, summaries, social media posts and blog entries to promote your work.

Essential Skills and Abilities:

  • Should have a professional command of video, audio, DSLR, and lighting equipment.
  • Thorough knowledge and experience with computers, laptops, mobile devices and the preparation and transmission of media content to various servers and web sites from the field
  • Proficient in managing social media to promote work, to include live-streaming and other social media opportunities
  • Strong video editing ability using Adobe Premiere, iMovie and Videolicious
  • Strong still editing skills using Photo Mechanic and Adobe Photoshop
  • Strong visual story-telling and compositional skills in both video and stills
  • Exhibit strong news judgment and the highest journalism ethics
  • Possess experience shooting and editing to a high standard under tight deadlines
  • Have strong interpersonal, organizational and planning skills, including the ability to prioritize work
  • Excellent time-management skills, and be able to work all shifts
  • Have an understanding of what makes a video popular online, both in terms of story idea and editing techniques.
  • Passion for news and current affairs and an imaginative approach to storytelling.
  • A strong sense of the needs and interests of the Kentucky.com audience.
  • Must have access to reliable transportation

Education: College degree

Experience: One year news media or equivalent, including internships and student publications
#LI-JC1

Recomended Jobs

  Newspaper Delivery

Date : 31 May 2020 | Company : Mcbride and Fillner LLC | Location : Lexington

Must be insured and have a drivers license. Independent Contractor Carrier routes are. Part Time Income - Newspaper Delivery - Lexington Area.


  To Go

Date : 31 May 2020 | Company : Chilis | Location : Lexington

Answer phone within three rings and assist Guests with placing To-Go orders. Our To-Go Specialists are responsible for providing fast service and great…


  Home Daily Driver (Floater)

Date : 31 May 2020 | Company : Online Transport | Location : Lexington

6 Months of Driving Experience Preferred. A Commitment to Safe Driving. Online Transport is looking for professional Dedicated CDL-A Drivers.


  Newspaper Delivery

Date : 31 May 2020 | Company : Mcbride and Fillner LLC | Location : Paris

Must be insured and have a drivers license. Independent Contractor Carrier routes are. Part Time Income - Newspaper Delivery - Lexington Area.


  Newspaper Delivery

Date : 31 May 2020 | Company : Mcbride and Fillner LLC | Location : Georgetown

Must be insured and have a drivers license. Independent Contractor Carrier routes are. Part Time Income - Newspaper Delivery - Lexington Area.