|Title||Administrative Support Specialist|
|Company||US Department of State|
This position is located in the Bureau of Administration, Office of the Executive Director, Human Resources Division. The incumbent interacts daily with the HR Division Chief concerning all matters relating to the coordination and integration of staff actions and activities involving policy, programmatic and operational issues affecting HRD’s administrative programs.
If eligible, applicants to this announcement may be referred to other positions in other Bureaus/Offices in the Department.Responsibilities
Not requiredSupervisory status
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
Applicants must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service which provided the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
1) Experience in administrative and management principles, practices, methods and techniques to analyze and evaluate existing administrative support processes.
2) Experience in formulating and recommending optional processes to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of Human Resources Division administrative operations.
3) Experience with advising and supporting the Division Chief on a wide range of complex and unusual issues/questions involving assignments related to administrative support services.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-12 position.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions, per 5CFR 300, Subpart F.Education
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.Additional information
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or ReasonableAccommodations[at]state.gov.
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY VERIFICATION PROGRAM (E-Verify) – U.S. law requires organizations to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United Stateseither U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. This agency utilizes E-Verify to compare information from the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) records to confirm employment eligibility. If the employee’s information does not match DHS and/or SSA records, the employee is given an opportunity to resolve the problem. If eligibility cannot be verified, employment will be terminated.How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Your resume should include the dates of all qualifying experience (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours worked/volunteered per week. For assistance with creating a resume, please click here.
Qualified candidates are assigned a score between 70 and 100. Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well Qualified" for the position and earn a score of at least 85 (when applicants are rated in a range of 70 to 100) to receive consideration for selection priority. If, after reviewing your resume and self-assessment questionnaire responses and a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, a score will be manually determined that reflects your documented experience. This may result in a lower score, which may also eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements and submit any required supporting documentation by the closing date of this job opportunity. Your application package must contain sufficient information to make a valid determination that you fully meet the basic/specialized experience requirements as stated in this job opportunity announcement for each grade level(s) for which you are applying. Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.To preview questions please click here.
Top SecretDrug test required
YesPosition sensitivity and risk
Critical-Sensitive (CS)/High RiskTrust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
All required documents listed below, that are applicable to you, must be submitted to our automated system "Gateway to State" by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
1. Resumeyour resume or any other written format you choose should contain the required information as specified in the “How You Will Be Evaluated” section. Insufficient information will result in an ineligible rating.
2. A completed online job specific self-assessment questionnaire through the Department’s automated system “Gateway to State”.
3. Transcriptsif applicable, see the Qualifications section of the announcement. If selected, an official/sealed college transcript(s) will be required to verify education prior to employment.
4. If you are qualifying based on other criteria listed under the Qualification Section of this announcement, you must submit the required supporting documentation (certificates, certifications, etc.) with your application by the closing date.
5. Performance AppraisalAll current Federal employees and reinstatement eligible applicants must submit a copy of your most recent completed annual performance appraisal that includes the final rating. If a performance appraisal does not exist, is incomplete or unavailable, a Form DS-1812 (Applicant Appraisal) or equivalent form from another agency signed by the current supervisor is acceptable. Mid-year progress reviews will not be accepted.
6. Current, former, and non-competitive Federal employees must submit SF-50s (Notification of Personnel Action) that show: effective date, position title, series, grade, salary, tenure, position occupied, full promotion potential, and name of agency. Examples include promotion & within-grade increase actions. Award SF-50s often do not show this information. Multiple SF-50s may be needed to show all information.
7. Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have been separated from the Armed Forces under honorable conditions (honorable or general discharge) after 3 or more years of continuous active service may apply under the Veterans Employment Opportunities act (VEOA). You must submit a DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (Member Copy 4 is preferable) showing the dates you served as well as your type of discharge and qualifying service campaign medals OR if you are still on active duty, you MUST submit a certification on letterhead from your military branch which contains your military service dates, expected date of discharge or release, and the character of service to show that your military service was performed under honorable conditions. The expected date of discharge or release must be no later than 120 days after the certification is submitted for consideration for this job announcement.
Current Federal employees applying under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA) must submit a qualifying SF-50 to show you meet time-in-grade requirements.
If you are applying as a preference eligible with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more, in addition to the DD-214 or certification, you must also submit a current version of the SF-15 (Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference), dated October 2013, and the required supporting documents listed on that form. Previous editions of the SF-15 will not be accepted. For more information on veterans' preference, click here. To gain access to your DD-214 online, please visit: http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/get-service-records.html.
For more information on Veteran Authorities, consult the Vet Guide.
8. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles must submit a copy of the appropriate documentation with their application. See links below:
9. If you are applying under a special hiring authority you MUST submit proof of eligibility with your application. For information related to special hiring authorities for severely disabled persons visit: http://www.opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.aspIf you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is, or was, working overseas.
Individuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
Status Candidates, Noncompetitive, Former Federal Employees with Reinstatement Eligibility, VEOA, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses, Peace Corps, AmeriCorps, VISTA, Eligible Family Member, ICTAP and CTAP
Immerse yourself in an environment where passionate and skilled teammates thrive. Promote company programs including warranty sales, Scorecard (loyalty program)…
The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient unloading of incoming canola seed as well as loading and shipment of oil and meal to customer via…
The WFSE, Council 28 has been operating in the state capital for over 75 years and our staff fight for fairness and equality as well as ensuring the hard…
You will be responsible for answering incoming calls regarding technical questions and problem solving related to Comcast products as well as customer equipment…