You're the guest's connection to the diner. Sure, you take food orders and keep drinks filledbut that's only the beginning. You make our guests' meals and their time here as perfect as possibleso they can sit back and enjoy a moment to relax without any worries at all. Which means you're also an advisor. A mind-reader. A friendly ear. And sometimes, simply a compassionate and friendly conversationalist.
So yes, your title is serverbut feeding people goes far beyond taking orders and bringing meals to our guests. It's about taking care of people. And that's exactly what you do.
A Denny's Server has a "Guests First" attitude, responding to guests and coworkers in a timely, courteous, and respectful way while:
Greeting and seating guests.
Taking orders and delivering great food.
Suggesting new menu items like our limited time offerings or flavored coffees.
Receiving payment for the Cashier and making correct change.
Willingly assisting team members without being asked.
Helping to keep our restaurants clean, completing side work, and organizing supplies as needed.
Providing total guest satisfaction.
Denny's Guiding Principles
1. Guests First- They're more than just customers or consumers. They are our guests and we invite them into our
homes with open arms. They are the very reason why we are in business and the center of everything we do.
2. Embrace Openness- Open means so much more than just being open for business 24/7. It means being open to all people, appetites and budgets. It says we are open-minded and open to new ideas. Honest, warm and inviting. Open is the way we think and act every hour of every day.
3. Proud of Our Heritage- We are the classic American diner and proud of everything that means. Since 1953, we have served quality food and healthy portions at a fair price. No matter where we are, our light is always on inviting guests around the world to a place where everyone is welcome.
4. Hungry to Win- At Denny's, we are constantly looking ahead. We are always moving, striving for more, hungry for
greatness. We are open to fresh, innovative thinking. We believe we will succeed through teamwork, accountability and pushing the boundaries of ourselves and our Brand.
5. The Power of We- Our Denny's family is our most important asset. We trust, support and respect each other and work together for the greater good. We recognize the contributions of all and empower each and every one of us to achieve great things. Together, we will celebrate our successes and have fun doing it.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by the employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities or tasks which may be required to be performed in this position.
Denny's or the franchise owner may amend, change, or modify the responsibilities and duties of this position to meet business needs as necessary.
This job description does not constitute a contract for employment and may be changed at the discretion of Denny's or the franchise owner with or without notice.
This is entry level to semi-skilled position in the operation of the Wastewater Treatment Plant and pumping facilities.
And/or applicants with PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP, or IPMA-HR certification; Work is performed under general supervision, however, the associate must regularly exercise…
Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT) file. Performs trailer switches defined as hooking and moving a parked…
Answering 50 calls per day. Answering client questions and inquiries thoroughly and promptly. Our 5-representative Call and Dispatch Center completes over 3,500…