Payment of Permanent Change of Station PCS costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Governments interest Serves as technical advisor at acquisition planning meetings Once the announcement has closed, a review of your ,…
About the position:
This position will be assigned to the Resource Management Office at F. E. Warren AFB, WY.
This position is considered Regular Full Time. The position is guaranteed 35 hours, but has the potential to work up to 40 hours per week. As a Regular Full Time employee, you are eligible for leave and benefits. The starting pay for this position is set by Federal pay setting regulations at $24.84 per hour. Some travel may be required for training purposes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10932824
- Manages and supervises purchasing functions for base level Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities (NAFI's)
- Serves as the NAF Contracting Officer as designated and authorized by certificate of appointment, and is the base authority on NAF purchasing policies and procedures
- Receive and analyzes purchase requests from activities
- Evaluates purchase requests for completeness, accuracy and authority in terms of compliance with administrative requirements and adequacy of information
- Coordinates and determines procurement source; local, Air Force Nonappropriated Fund Purchasing Office (AFNAFPO) or the Servicing Contracting Office (SCO)
- Prepares requests and/or drafts appropriate contracts, purchase orders or other documentation to secure the requested purchase and obtains legal reviews prior to execution of contracts
- Prepares bidders' list and accepts quotations
- Negotiates with vendors on a variety of issues
- Develops and manages purchase request procedures
- Provides NAF technical guidance and assistance to NAF managers
- Establishes and maintains contractual files
- Reviews contracts at regular intervals and resolves conflicts that may arise
- Interprets policy regarding purchase requests and explains procedures to NAF managers
- Provides quarterly acquisition training and daily guidance to all activity managers
- Serves as technical advisor at acquisition planning meetings
- Manages and controls IMPAC purchases and procedures
- Ensures availability and approval of funds prior to execution of contracts
- Reviews and assists with the process of all SM&W requests for retirements
- Serves as the squadron DTS DTOA for all members' in/out processing in the squadron
- Quarterly ensures all information is verified to keep all members current for deployment or TDY's
- Assists in the NAF Accounting Office as needed
Occasional travelYou may be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date, 10/13/2020
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a background investigation with favorable results.
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
- Progressively responsible experience which provided the applicant general knowledge of procedures, regulations, and practices common to the Services purchasing program
- Must have specialized knowledge of procedures and techniques relating to the purchase of a wide variety of commercial as well as some technical items
- Knowledge of merchandise purchased to make determinations for substitution
- Knowledge of vendor sources and of common business practices relating to mechanics of purchasing
- Knowledge of solicitation and purchasing methods to establish contracts to make purchases using specifications or statements of work
- Must have knowledge of purchasing options and techniques specific to the needs of activities
- Knowledge of price evaluation techniques to assess prices reasonableness using well established references
- Must possess basic computer skills, basic word processing procedures and function keys to support office operations and knowledge of personal computer applications
- Must possess skill in dealing with customers and the public
- Must be a warranted contracting officer or meet all requirements for warranting within a specified time period
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Puchasing Agent Knowledge of Procedures & Practices
Purchasing Agent Computer Skills
Purchasing Agent Customer Service Level
Purchasing Agent Knowledge of Purchasing Sources, Methods and Options
Purchasing Agent Price Evaluation Techniques
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.
How You Will Be Evaluated
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- Direct deposit is require
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A probationary period may be required
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD)
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting document will be evaluated against the qualifications of the position.
Background checks and security clearance
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination has been made that you have inflated your responses to meet the position's qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.,) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk
Trust determination process
Required documents may vary based on the eligibility you are claiming (i.e., applying as a Military Spouse PreferenceMSP, applying as a veteran, applying as a current federal employees, applying as a displaced employee, etc.,). The below document(s) are required and MUST be submitted with your application by the closing date of this job announcement:
Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support identified the general or specialized experience described in this announcement.
If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
Other accepted documents to support a qualification and/or claimed preference/priority eligibility may include:
- Cover Letter
DD-214/ Statement of Service
Disability Letter (VA)
Proof of Marriage Status
Separation Notice (RIF)
SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and supporting documents which prove your claimed eligibility. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package to include supplemental documents may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
Review our benefits
Please see the "Who May Apply" section under the Qualifications section.