|Title||Production Associate- Part Time- Laburnum Station|
|Company||Goodwill VA Retail|
Why Work for Goodwill?
How would you like to work for a company with competitive pay, opportunities for growth, and strives to help people in our own community? From retail and production operations to management positions and organizational support – those are some of the opportunities you can find with a career at Goodwill.
Goodwill is one of the most recognized and respected brands in the country, and a career here means you become a part of transforming lives and helping people in your own neighborhood.
We make a difference in the community
Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is a non-profit organization with a mission to create pathways to opportunities and success for job seekers facing challenges to work. Being a part of our team means you are working towards making your community a better place by helping people find jobs and develop a sense of pride and self-esteem.
We offer competitive wages & benefits
Goodwill associates are offered retirement compensation, paid time off, and an associate discount at our stores. Our full-time workforce also enjoys a competitive medical benefits package.
We hire for more than just retail
Yes, retail is a huge part of our organization. Our 35 retail locations across the Richmond and Hampton Roads areas generate revenue, of which 84 percent goes towards our workforce development programs, job readiness and employment placement services. But, that is just part of Goodwill. We also have positions in many other departments, including accounting, finance, IT, marketing, people operations, and security.
We believe in promoting from within
We create loyalty among our associates by encouraging them to look for higher-level positions within the organization. In fact, we provide training and education opportunities to support them along the way.
Contribute to the mission of Goodwill in a Goodwill retail store. Maximize efficiency, store appearance, customer and associate satisfaction. Process donations in a timely manner for placement on the sales floor.
Essential duties include the following. Other duties within the scope of this position may be assigned.
1. Inspects donations and for quality to determine marketability as outlined in the Retail Operations Manual.
2. Sorts material-categorize for store use, salvage, trash.
3. Stands and tags donated items according to Goodwill’s rotation system as outlined in the Retail Operations Manual.
4. Stands and hangs sorted goods for placement on to retail sales floor based on productivity standards outlined in the Retail Operations Manual.
5. Produces appropriate number of items each day according to Goodwill’s minimum standards as outlined in the Retail Operations Manual.
6. Adheres to uniform dress code standards as outlined in the Retail Operations Manual.
7. Demonstrates an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
8. Able to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and quickly learning new procedures.
9. Able to be cross trained in multiple production and customer service positions.
10. Adheres to Assets Protection control and compliance procedures.
11. Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
12. Adheres to work schedule.
13. Able to handle the physical requirements to accomplish daily responsibilities.RESPONSIBILITIES
We offer great compensation and benefits package, and room for professional growth and development. Friendly and courteous with a positive attitude.
Valid Class “A” license with “N” endorsement is required within 90 days of employment or applicant will be terminated. Emergency call back required as needed.
Joining H&R Block as a seasonal Receptionist means you'll relentlessly focus on how to wow clients now, and in the future. What you'll bring to the team...
High school diploma or state equivalency. Cellular®, we believe in teaching people how they can apply today’s best technology to create better in their lives…