|Title||Patient Experience Specialist - Layton Parkway Obgyn - Full Time|
Under the direct supervision of the Practice Administrator, the Patient Experience Specialist is responsible for greeting patients, entering and verifying patient demographics and insurance information, collecting co-payments and balances due, and providing excellent customer service to patients and team members. This position must demonstrate professionalism through adherence to ’s mission, vision, and values.
1. Provide professional and courteous service to all “customers” of . Customers include patients, affiliates, providers, administration, employees, co-workers, insurance company representatives, and other vendor representatives.
2. Meet behavioral expectations and support the dignity of all persons. Also, responsible for the stewardship of resources.
3. Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and follow guidelines that maintain safety for oneself, patients, visitors, and co-workers.
4. Study, understand, and adhere to Policies and Procedures and OSHA guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Greet and direct patients in a timely and professional manner.
2. Review electronic medical record for demographic information for accuracy and completeness.
3. Gather required patient demographic information and ensure accurate entry into computer system.
4. Scan insurance cards and Drivers Licenses into electronic medical records (EMR) for billing purposes.
5. Collect ALL applicable co-payments.
6. Ensure cleanliness and order at all reception desks and waiting room areas.
7. Prepare and reconcile daily deposit to ensure a secure deposit in the drop safe.
8. Attend team meetings and team training sessions as scheduled.
9. Timely arrival for scheduled work shifts. Employees must contact the team leader at least two hours prior to the start of a shift if they cannot report to work on time.
10. Consistently use and explain the Health iPASS system to patients and/or financially responsible parties.
11. After 90 day training period, employee will achieve 95% or better on monthly quality assurance (QA) score.
12. After 90 day training period, employee will track, inform, and collect on patient balances.
13. After 90 day training period, employee will receive no more than one kickback or batch issue a month.
14. After 90 day training period, employee will update at least 95% of checked-in patients’ information.
1. Additional responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
2. Maintain confidentiality of patient records and employee/co-worker information.
1. EDUCATION: High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
2. LANGUAGE: Proficient in reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
3. Mathematical skills: add, subtract, multiply, and divide simple equations.
4. Reasoning skills: apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form. Also deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
5. Vision requirements: must be able to adjust focus.
6. Effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent interruptions.
7. Computer knowledge with experience in basic word processing required.
8. General office equipment and procedure knowledge required.
9. Provide excellent customer service while scheduling patients for assigned providers.
1. Must maintain a positive “can-do” attitude.
2. Must effectively participate as a team member with the department and its practices.
3. Must protect confidential information, records, and/or reports.
4. Must communicate effectively in a professional and courteous manner.
5. Must have good organizational skills.
1. Requires prolonged sitting, continual use of a keyboard and mouse, and looking at a computer monitor a large majority of the time.
2. Requires some bending, stooping, lifting, and stretching for files and supplies.
3. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard and other office equipment.
4. Must possess all physical abilities necessary to perform the job.
5. Noise level is moderate with constant conversations, computers, printers, telephones, etc.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain all appropriate state and government licenses. The work requires light to moderate physical effort in reaching,…
Provides clerical support including overseeing all paperwork associated with orders, maintaining corresponding files, answering phones, operating office…
As a Clerk you will perform various clerical duties such as maintaining records, extracting, sorting, numbering, batching, filing tax returns and related…
Clerical knowledge such as maintaining file records, word processing, designing forms, etc. An organization that lives by its core values everyday.