Clerical Care Coordinator Hackensack Meridian Health Hackensack
Clerical Care Coordinator
Hackensack Meridian Health
Short Description :
The patient care team comprised of a physician, APN, research nurse and data manager to ensure the clerical aspects of the patients care is timely and accurate Streamlines appointments and associated requisitions to expedite approvals for services such as diagnosis and ,…
Full Description :
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Clerical Care Coordinator serves as a member of the patient care team comprised of a physician, APN, research nurse and data manager to ensure the clerical aspects of the patients' care is timely and accurate. They will function as a point person to the patient for a defined group of patients. Responsibilties:
1. Establishes a relationship with a designated group of patients to assure that all matters are communicated and handled efficiently between the medical team and patient.
2. Provides expert patient-centered care to both patients and families.
3. Streamlines appointments and associated requisitions to expedite approvals for services such as diagnosis and laboratory testing, social services, financial and dietary counseling.
4. Evaluates and measure interventions and develops multidisciplinary corrective action plans for poor performance or negative outcomes.
5. Serves as a patient contact for clerical matters regarding patient care.
6. Functions as a clerical representative to assist the patient in navigating through The Cancer Center.
7. Facilitates communication between The Cancer Center and other disciplines throughout the Medical Center.
8. Assists with doctor's clinic, reception/medical records as needed.
9. Assumes other clerical responsibilities in department as needed.
10. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
11. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational & Managerial Competencies. Qualifications:
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma and/or equivalency.
2. Experience with the coordination of processes to ensure successful outcomes.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Proficient typing and computer skill.
5. Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Reception experience.
2. Oncology experience.