And other calls for service This position requires a jobrelated license or certification Must obtain and maintain a drivers license Operate the National Crime Information Center NCIC terminal in accordance with federal ,…
About the Position: This position will serve as a Police Officer, Directorate of Emergency Services (DES), located at Monterey
***This announcement is a Direct Hire solicitation. Category rating, veteran's preference, and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do NOT apply for this vacancy. This is a developmental position and may be filled at either grade.***
- Conduct traffic Law Enforcement (LE) patrol using specialized equipment such as radar, Lidar and breathalyzer.
- Respond to and investigate emergency calls, complaints and other calls for service.
- Perform protection duties to deter, detect, and deny unauthorized access at fixed installation, internal compound, and incident perimeter posts.
- Operate the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) terminal in accordance with federal and state laws to transcribe data.
- Write detail reports to support arrests, investigations, and other law enforcement functions.
Occasional travelYou may be expected to travel up to 10% for this position.
- Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Incumbent is subject to inclement weather when working outdoors.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must pass an annual physical examination.
- Must obtain and maintain a driver's license.
- Must obtain and maintain certification in RADAR (Speed Control) Device.
- Must qualify and maintain credentials for use of assigned weapons.
- Must be willing to submit to urinalysis on a recurring basis.
- Must qualify for Individual Reliability Program.
- Must be able to meet and maintain qualifications of Lautenberg Amendment.
- Must complete and pass the Basic Police Training Course or comparable local/state police academy.
- Must complete and pass required training for National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer.
- This is a drug testing designated position (TDP) under the Department of the Army Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
GS-06 Specialized experience is defines as:performing a full range of police operations, preventing and resolving crime including conducting preliminary investigations of incidents. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
GS-07 Specialized experience is defines as:performing a full range of police operations, preventing and resolving crime including conducting preliminary investigations of incidents, and performing dispatching duties. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience aloneno substitution of education for experience is permitted.
How You Will Be Evaluated
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 19Physical Security and Law Enforcement position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement.
Background checks and security clearance
If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Veterans and Military Spouses will be considered along with all other candidates.
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
High Risk (HR)
Trust determination process
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
2. Other supporting documents:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- This position requires a job-related license or certification. You MUST submit a copy of your license or certification with your application package or you will be rated ineligible. See: Transcripts and Licenses
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.