Quality Control Technician - 1st Shift SCCY Industries Daytona Beach
Quality Control Technician - 1st Shift
Short Description :
Using various inspection tools such as Coordinate Measuring Machine CMM, Vision Measuring Machine VMM, hardness tester, calipers, micrometers, gauge block, gauge pins, indicators, etc Minimum of three years in inspection, manufacturing or related field SCCY Industries provides ,…
Full Description :
Performs quality control inspections, checks, and tests during the manufacture of products. Inspects vendor materials, parts, and products during incoming receiving.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Inspects in-process production and incoming vendor parts by using various inspection tools such as Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM), Vision Measuring Machine (VMM), hardness tester, calipers, micrometers, gauge block, gauge pins, indicators, etc.
2. Conducts visual and measurement tests using part diagrams and drawings; communicates required adjustments to department lead.
3. Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs.
4. Monitors and interprets Statistical Process Control (SPC) data.
5. Performs routine maintenance on QC lab equipment.
6. Maintains proper work area housekeeping standards.
7. Other assigned tasks as needed.
1. Technical Capacity
2. Organizational Skills
3. Problem Solving/Analytical Skills
4. Time Management
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum of three years in inspection, manufacturing or related field; knowledge of operating CMM, VMM, hardness tester and roughness tester; knowledge of calibration and verification of manual inspection tools.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Outlook, Excel, Word, web browsers
Other Requirements: 1. Ability to read and interpret print specifications (including limited GD&T).
2. Ability to work in a team environment.
3. Accurately communicate technical information.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0—2.5+ hours/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33%66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hours/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hours/day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand F 10 lbs. or less F
Walk F 11—20 lbs. F
Sit O 21—50 lbs. O
Manually Manipulate F 51—100 lbs. O
Reach Outward F Over 100 lbs. N
Reach Above Shoulder O
Climb N Push/Pull
Crawl N 12 lbs. or less F
Squat or Kneel O 13—25 lbs. F
Bend O 26—40 lbs. O
41—100 lbs. O
Other Physical Requirements
1. Vision (Near, depth perception)
2. Ability to wear PPE—Ear plugs, safety glasses
3. Reasonable manual dexterity
Manufacturing environment. Exposure to mild irritants (Oils, coolant, alcohol).
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.