Job Title: All Purpose Clerk (APC) - Stocker
As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the APC –Stocker provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. The APC Stocker places ijndividual items on shelves in specific location and faces merchandise. Opens cases of merchandise using a company approved box cutter. Face to order (block down) items to be consistent with Division standards. Dusts and washes shelves as needed. Checks temperature in cold cases, coolers, and freezers. Maintain all aisles with a clear walkway. Bales cardboard and cleans floor. May occasional function as cashier/checker, see Job Description for APC Checker. May order groceries and do a Backroom Inventory (BRI) with hand held ordering device. The position is hourly non-exempt. The APC-Stocker reports to the Store Manager, 1st and 2nd Assistant Manager, or Person in Charge.
The APC-Stocker is generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
1. Provides customer service as defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
2. Load product onto six-wheelers, or use pallet jack to move merchandise. Push loaded six-wheeler to appropriate area.
3. Open cases and carry product to display area.
4. Replace stock on shelves. Face and straighten up shelves.
5. Return excess stock to backroom and inventory. Maintain backroom organization.
6. Rotate product and pull out of date product from shelves.
7. May write grocery orders and do Backroom Inventory (BRI).
8. Operate electronic scanner cash register to total customers’ final bill.
9. Receive payment for customer purchase and count back correct change.
10. Bag groceries in plastic, canvas or paper bags. Lift bags into grocery cart. Offer customer assistance with carry out, and perform that if a Courtesy Clerk is not available.
11. Maintain cleanliness of store.
12. Adheres to Federal, State, local laws. Adheres to safety policies and store rules.
13. Other duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
2. Successful completion of all company APC training courses.
3. Ability to interact professionally with customers, co-workers and supervisor.
4. Must have the ability to read, write and communicate in English.
5. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
6. Ability to use the cash resister and self check-out registers. Basic math skills to calculate prices and make change. Ability to handle all forms of tender.
7. Knowledge of products, product pricing and store layout.
Job Title: APC Stocker
8. Ability to memorize procedures and look up PLU codes.
9. Ability to make quality decisions and work independently when necessary.
10. Ability to multi task while working under stress and time constraints.
11. Ability to complete tasks assigned in expected time frame.
12. Reports to work in proper uniform per company policy.
13. Ability to work night schedule.
Inside: 95% 5 % Outside: Rare
Temperature Extremes: Temperature Extremes: Varies depending on store location also may need to walk into freezers and refrigerators. Chemicals: Rarely (mild detergents/glass cleaner/ Spill Magic) May come in contact with water or animal blood.
MACHINES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
Six wheeled carts, pallet jacks, big joe, box cutters, power pallet jack, baler, pens, pencils, hand held ordering device, scanner, cash register, mops, brooms, temperature guns, trash compactor.
Constant (over 67% of the time) Frequent (up to 66% of the time)
Occasional (up to 33% of the time) Rarely (less than 10% of the time)
Rarely lifts less than 1lb. Occasionally lifts less than 5 lbs. Constant lifting 5-30 lbs. Frequently lifts 30-60 lbs.
Frequently pushing and pulling of six wheeled carts and pallet jacks filled with product.
Constant forward reaching. Occasional reaching to the side and across the body. Constant knee to shoulder reaching and occasional knee to floor reaching. Frequent at or above shoulder level reaching.
Constant standing while on job. Must be able to stand on tile and cement floors for up to five hours with one fifteen-minute break. Sitting allowed while on breaks.
Constant walking while on job.
Occasional climbing/balancing on ladders and step stools to reach product on top shelves.
Frequent neck rotation, bending/stooping, twisting, crouching, squatting, and kneeling. Frequent bending of head.
Job Title: APC Stocker
Constant handling/grasping. Frequent repetitive motion. Frequent forceful gripping and fine finger manipulation.
Constant use of depth perception used to move loaded carts through aisles. Constant use of near vision used to read instructions and examine aisles for facing and to stock.
Constant use of hearing to receive instructions and information from other employees/management and interact with customers, listen for intercom, alarms and motorized equipment.
To converse with customers, answer questions and conduct business. To page other employees over intercom, to provide information to employees/ management, and provide Superior Customer Service.
Safeway will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities who can meet essential job functions
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.50 to $18.00 /hour
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
This Job Is:
We’re a small but growing family-run home service company that specializes in cleaning outdoor gas BBQ grills, outdoor kitchens and residential kitchen ovens.
Must pass national certification exam within 12 months of pharmacy department employment and maintain that certification with biannual renewals.
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within…
He or she must work to promote safety in all guest areas by following strict procedures with respect to passkeys, entry to guestrooms, and reporting any…