This position is accountable for customer service, cash handling and accounting, stocking, pricing, rotating and displaying of merchandise, housekeeping inside and outside of store, store safety and store security, and deli food sales and cooking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Waiting on the public, providing exception customer service.
2. Operating computerized cash register, give correct change, scan credit cards and checks, bag merchandise.
3. Stock shelves and cooler.
4. Clean and maintain all areas of the store, with specific attention to the fountain area.
5. Remembering regular customer's names and faces. Suggest selling and assisting customers to locate merchandise.
6. Accurate and effective completion of shift paper work.
7. Clean rest rooms, deli equipment, dusting shelves and merchandise, windows, doors, empty trash cans, sweeping and mopping.
8. Use of fire extinguisher and other safety equipment.
9. Detection of shoplifters.
10. Vendor check in procedures.
11. Use of protocol system and “drive off” controls.
12. Listening and handling customer complaints.
13. Use of price book, safety manual, and store rest room logs.
14. Advises store manager of any situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on store operating performance.
15. Answer and screen telephone calls properly.
16. Policing the store.
17. Sweep lot, shovel snow, clean gas pumps, fills water/cleaning solution buckets on islands.
Job Specifications (Qualifications)
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Effectively present information one-on-one to customers, clients, and other employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
COMPUTER SKILLS: None
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive but is the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change, (for example, in the event of emergencies, or changes in personnel, work load, or technical development).
Applicants must have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of. Applicants must have a valid state driver's license and…
Applicants should have a valid state driver’s license, a safe driving record and at least two years of. Applicants must have a valid state driver's license and…
Answer incoming telephone calls, determine purpose of the call and forward to the appropriate person/department. Answering and routing phone calls.
The ideal candidate can anticipate the needs of the guest by creating an welcoming and fun environment, and treat each and every one of our guests as if they…