|Title||Patient Care Assoc-blood Donor (00066559)|
|Company||NYC Health + Hospitals|
Elmhurst Hospital Center (EHC) is the major tertiary care provider in the borough of Queens. The hospital is comprised of 545 beds and is a Level I Trauma Center, an Emergency Heart Care Station and a 911 Receiving Hospital. It is the premiere health care organization for key areas such as Surgery, Cardiology, Women's Health, Pediatrics, Rehabilitation Medicine, Renal and Mental Health Services.Job Description
1. Checks vital signs, weighs and measures patients, obtains specimens and records findings on patient’s chart.
2. Instructs patients on how to obtain specimens for laboratory testing and performs basic specimen screening testing through dipstick and hemocult.
3. Prepares collected specimens for pick-up by labeling and preparing required form(s). Picks-up lab results.
4. Performs vision and hearing testing and simple urinalysis.
5. Administers emergency first aid, including basic life support procedures.
6. Performs simple first aid such as dressing changes, bandaging and cleansing of wounds, irrigation and cleansing of ears.
7. Prepares patient for examination and assists medical provider during examination by providing necessary supplies/equipment.
8. Prepares examining room for examination including cleaning and sterilizing instruments and equipment.
9. Informs patients on proper preparation for various medical testing.
10. Conducts interview of client to obtain routine personal and medical information and appropriate health history.
11. Maintains, completes, processes and files patients’ charts, appropriate forms and documents.
12. Reports observations of patient to medical staff caring for patient to ensure professional assessment.
13. Answers routine inquiries of patients in person or via telephone and makes appropriate referrals.
14. Participates in informing patients and their families of health care services and achieving healthful, safe living.
15. Maintains inventory of the unit’s equipment stock and supplies.
16. Works effectively as a team member in the delivery of care and assists in the orientation of new employees.
17. Directs and escorts patients to other hospital departments and/or facilities, as needed.
18. Coordinates efforts of various clinic and facility departments in scheduling and rebooking appointments through manual and/or automated systems and enters pertinent patient information into hospital data systems.
19. Obtains blood specimens for laboratory testing by performing venipuncture and/or fingerstick testing.
20. Operates electrocardiograph equipment to record electrical wave tracing of the electrical currents of the heart muscleResponsibilities
1. A four-year High School Diploma or its educational equivalent; and,
2. Successful completion of a NYS Department of Health prescribed training program for Phlebotomy, satisfactory to the Laboratory Director and appropriate to the workload of the facility; and,
3. Completion of a facility-based training program in the performance of electrocardiographs and basic life support procedures including certification in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation.
Note: Effective January 1, 2015, employees performing central service functions, while serving in the Group 12 title of Patient Care Associate (988010), must either possess valid certification as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) issued by the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management or as a Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT) issued by the Certifying Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, or be grandfathered. Grandfathering requires that employees provide evidence that they have been employed in a healthcare facility for a cumulative period of one (1) year occurring between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2014 and that they have competently performed central service functions during the course of their qualifying experience and will continue to be able to competently perform such functions during the course of their employment at HHC. In addition, these employees will be required to annually complete ten (10) hours of continuing education credits in order to remain qualified to perform central service functions at an HHC facility.
FedEx Ground is an essential business that needs people to help us support the economy, handling life-saving medications and other items that keep our…
Perform any associated data entry requirements. Strong data entry skills and accuracy. We are currently partnered up with a valued client and actively looking…
As a WellNow Receptionist you will be a vital part of the team and will maintain the “bridge” between the front end and clinical side of operations.
Answer the phone and make reservations, take and distribute messages or mail and redirect calls. Degree in hotel management or relevant field will be a plus.