|Company||Harrisburg Area Community College|
This position applies basic specialized knowledge in the areas of compensation, benefits, and employee records to support professional staff and daily operations in the Office of Human Resources in a diverse and inclusive environment to support the College mission and strategic plan.Essential Job Functions
Essential functions are #1 – 5.Job Specific Task List
1. Applies basic understanding of compensation and classification policies and procedures and ensures optimal employee experience and accuracy of details when performing duties which may include: process I9s; trouble-shoot problems; train and assist end users with processing personnel transactions; verify and process salary adjustments; provide procedural guidance to employees; assist during peak cycles such as fiscal year-end.
2. Applies basic understanding of benefits policies and procedures and ensures optimal employee experience and accuracy of details when performing duties which may include: set up and terminate employee benefit enrollment and benefit pay deductions; coordinate and schedule vendor workshops, presentations, and meetings for employee education; update and post online documentation; answer questions and provide procedural guidance to employees; complete monthly benefit/payroll deduction reconciliations; pay monthly benefits invoices; assist during peak cycles such as open enrollment.
3. Applies basic understanding of employee records policies and procedures to perform duties which may include: quarterly update of college-wide organization charts; assist with testing the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system human resources module by setting up scenarios and/or running processes; assist with employee data maintenance and updates; assist with record-keeping tasks such as updates and purges.
4. Assist all areas with special projects which may include: perform basic research; test/explore new processes; create/update/run spreadsheets and reports; create informational/educational materials for employees; serve as backup to compensation and benefits staff, including conducting presentations and employee training sessions, as needed.
5. Perform administrative support duties, including but not limited to: prepare board resolutions for personnel transactions; prepare communications to employees and supervisors; maintain Collegewide organizational charts and reporting structures; and various administrative support tasks such as filing, scanning, indexing, faxing, and copying.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications: Minimum Education and Experience
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential duties of the job.Licensing Requirements
None requiredPhysical Requirements
Positions in this class typically require: grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Working conditions: None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).Qualifications: Preferred Experience
Clerical and office support practices
Principles and practices in area of assignment
Customer service principles
Report Preparation techniques
Various computer applications and related software
English language, punctuation, and grammar
Inventory maintenance principles
Maintaining various confidential records
Exercising judgment and discretion
Prioritizing and organizing work
Preparing and proofreading a variety of reports and/or documentation
Recognizing problems, identifying alternative solutions, and making appropriate recommendations
Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with students, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Providing customer service
Operating a variety of office equipment, including a computer and related software applications, telephone, fax machine, and adding machine
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for lifeHACC's Core Values
We set high goals and achieve them.
We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
We provide exceptional service to all.
We challenge the status quo.
We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a
college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
(Open Ended Question)
Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Handles cases of product weighing up to 100 lbs.
Maintains loading performance standards of speed and accuracy with minimum damage and maximum safety, while being mindful of weight distribution on the trailer.
Ability to learn and perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures.
Responsible for taking incoming palletized product and placing it in the correct storage slots in the freezer. Join our growing Distribution team today.