|Title||Registered Nurse Patient Navigator, Pfs Administration|
|Company||Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center|
Registered Nurse Patient Navigator, PFS Administration
40 hours per week, day shift
JOB SUMMARY: Guides patients through the healthcare system, establishing contact with patients, family members, and/or caregiver. Understands the clinical pathways established by the clinical specialty and directs patients to health care services in the organization and in the community for timely diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. Actively identifies and addresses barriers to care that might keep the patient from receiving timely and appropriate treatment for specific diagnosis. Assists the patient and physicians in the transition from active treatment to continuing healthcare.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, BSN required. Minimum two years' experience as a registered nurse in the specialty required.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: Current licensure to practice as Registered Nurse in North Carolina. Certification as an RN preferred. BCLS required.
1. Utilizes the nursing process to provide patient/family centered care focusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, and environmental needs. This includes providing for the assessment, development of nursing diagnoses, outcome identification, planning, implementation of interventions, coordination of care, health teaching and promotion and evaluation of goals and interventions consistent with the policies of WFBMC.
2. Coordinates the effective and efficient delivery of patient care services through the application of care management principles. Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes. Acts as a patient advocate throughout the continuum of care including all patient settings and in the community.
3. Documents in accordance with departmental reporting standards. Collects and maintains up to date and accurate program data and documentation according to program standards. Delivers reports that demonstrate outcomes and performance improvement activities; adheres to established productivity benchmarks.
4. Implements outreach efforts to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key community agencies, serves as community liaison and educator in underserved communities.
5. Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. This includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking.
6. Communicates effectively to promote sharing of information throughout the continuum of care and as an effective member of the healthcare team.
7. Responsible for ongoing evaluation and quality improvement of the Navigator Program and will track all activity as defined by the departmental and program standards.
8. Works closely with community based service providers to identify and address community needs for services and education regarding prevention and/or early detection, medications and first aid available.
9. Provides age/developmentally appropriate patient care in accordance with Age-Specific guidelines for the specific age groups served.
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at accommodationrequest[at]wakehealth.edu.
It is the policy of to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry,…
If you are someone that enjoys meeting and greeting people and has a warm and friendly personality, then this may be the opportunity for you.
Positions in this banded class perform a range of semi-skilled to skilled services to support the operations of an agency or university.
Providing excellent customer service by looking guests in the eye, smiling, and engaging in encouraging conversations. Come and join our Chick-fil-A team!