Unit Clerk-Pediatrics-Blank Children's Hospital UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Unit Clerk-pediatrics-blank Children's Hospital
11 September 2020
Short Description :
The success of the team above own interests Accepts responsibility for maintaining and developing personal and professional skills and knowledge related to the work area assigned Handles mail, ,…
Full Description :
Overview: Successful performance contributes to a holistic approach to the delivery of services, improved patient care, and a high level of satisfaction from patients and families.
Responsibilities: 1. Performs general secretarial/receptionist support to the department.
2. Handles mail, performs routine copying and orders supplies.
3. Answers, screens and routes calls. Communicates effectively with a wide variety of families and employees.
4. Uses multiple software: Microsoft Office (Word) and EPIC.
5. Reports any questions or concerns regarding compliance immediately to the attention of department or organization/hospital administrative staff.
6. Utilizes a family-centered approach (considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients served.
7. Shows responsible and accountable management of human, fiscal, and material resources.
8. Accepts responsibility for maintaining and developing personal and professional skills and knowledge related to the work area assigned.
9. Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
10. Integrates and demonstrates Expectations for Personal and Service Excellence to guide professional behaviors, while adhering to the policies and procedures of UPHDM.
11. Balances team and individual responsibilities; open and objective to other’s views; gives them welcome feedback; contributes to positive team goals; and puts the success of the team above own interests.
12. Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
Qualifications: Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: One year experience in business or secretarial environment preferred. Must be familiar with word processing software and basic computer skills. Previous healthcare experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Microsoft Office – basic computer skills. Customer/patient focused.