|Date||23 November 2020|
|Company||Roundy's a Division of Kroger|
POSITION TITLE: Meat Cutter
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Meat Manager ______________________________________________________________________
To perform meat cutting and preparation, meat stocking and rotation, and provide customer service and department cleaning duties.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Primary emphasis in this position is to meet daily production needs and quality standards in meat cutting and preparation. Primary learning challenge is learning retail cutting techniques for all meat cuts, proficiency with the saw, and merchandising techniques. This position requires ongoing heavy lifting, standing, operation of Meat equipment, exposure to cold temperatures and wet surfaces, judgment/decision making, and reading. Position functions and work hours may vary according to business needs.
Assignments and work direction are provided by the Meat Manager, Meat Merchandiser or person in charge.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Performs meat cutting and preparation
- Follows daily cutting lists and completes work in allotted time
- Demonstrates proficiency in sawing, boning, cutting, trimming, grinding, weighing, traying and wrapping techniques
- Maintains Pick „n Save quality and trim standards
Frequent: Physical - lifting/carrying 30 to 95 lbs., reaching, kneeling, bending/stooping, squatting, standing, walking on uneven ground, turning, equipment operation (meat saw, bone scraper, knives, slicer, scales, pallet jack, flatbed, racks, wrapping machine, intercom, telephone), pushing/pulling 150 to 2000 lbs., reaching
Mental - judgment/decision making, memorization, reading, math, writing, social/verbal interaction
Environmental - extended exposure to cooler (28-32 degrees)
Occasional: Physical - lifting/carrying more than 100 lbs., climbing ladders, equipment operation (meat grinder, cuber, patty machine, tenderizer, bulker, meat mixer), pushing/ pulling 150 to 2000 lbs.
2. Maintains meat case
- Pulls outdated product and properly rotates
- Restocks as needed to maintain maximum selection
- Follows merchandising plan
3. Assists customers with request and information
- Ensures customer satisfaction
- Assists with special orders, product information and location, and service counter
4. Cleans and sanitizes equipment cases, work area, and sales floor
- Breaks down equipment according to procedures
- Continuously monitors area and sales floor for cleanliness
- Utilizes personal protective devices (rain suit, over boots, chemical splash goggles, metal mesh gloves, chemical resistant gloves)
5. Receives and processes meat shipments correctly
- Verifies product with invoice and logs
- Ensures product meets quality standards
- Follows proper security measures
- Keeps cooler properly rotated and organized
- Assists in placing orders
6. Follows all store and department policies and procedures
7. Education and/or Experience
-High school education (or concurrent enrollment in an educational institution) preferred but not required
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
Within each essential functional requirement, “Frequent” represents approximately 15% of the work shift or at least ten repetitions per work shift; “Occasional” represents approximately less than 15% of the work shift or fewer than ten repetitions per work shift.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an associate may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or work environment change.
Position functions may vary by store location.
After reviewing the above Job Description, are you able to perform the essential functions of the job?
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.80 - $19.20 per hour
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Place documents in correct area for data entry by the warehouse personnel. Must be certified to operate a forklift. Put away product to keep aisles clear.
Company’s policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel in all positions, to provide equal opportunity for advancement to all employees, including…
Belmark is currently seeking Laminator Operators to run our world class equipment to produce a high quality product in a timely fashion for our customers.
Must be able to operate powered equipment such as: Must be able to operate powered equipment in a safe manner. Forklift, or Electric Pallet Jack.